HELP! I dropped my Macbook.

Reaction score
My Macbook just dropped from my bed onto its power outlet which was plugged in, and now one of the gold bits at the end is sticking out to the side, and the outlet plug is lit very dimly.

Screenshot2010-03-01at183320.png

It says no batteries available, but my mac is still running.
Does this mean that it's running on reserve battery, and if it is, how long do I have?

I got the computer for my birthday at the start of October 09, so will the basic warranty cover repairs or anything?
And if not, around how much might I have to pay for any replacements or repairs?

I'd really appreciate if someone could get back to me, as I really need some kind of an answer to calm me down.

Thankyou in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
Gold bits on which the computer or the power adapter? It sounds like you bent a pin, but from your post it's hard to really tell. I returned an adapter w/ a bent pin a few years ago and got it replaced for free under warranty, but it's a bit of a tricky call whether or not they'll buy it.

OP
K
Reaction score
Yes!
That's it, I've bent one of the pins.
It's good to hear that I have a chance of getting it repaired : D

Thanks and Nice av, btw ^^

C

chas_m

I have to point out that as it was a case of user abuse, Apple is NOT under ANY obligation to fix this for free. I wish you luck, but if asked DON'T LIE. Tell them the truth and beg for mercy, and don't complain if they tell you they have to charge you for the repair -- it is, after all, your own fault.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.