Help guys...

Reaction score
Im getting bored of the windows machines..so im considering going to mac as i need to purchase a notebook for school. For me its out of Macbook and the Macbook Pro but i need help on what you think is best. I need the notebook mainly for word processing, adobe master collection, video editing and small games like football manager but i also care about the design of the notebook. I heard that the macbook pro gets scratched easily so is their any product out their which will help me avoid this as I get quite paranoid about little things when spending a lot of money on something. Anyway please tell me what you think is best for me thanks.

Lee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4Gb Ram, 250gb hdd
Macbook pro is betta, of course, that's why it cost more, but all you really get is a bigger screen (which i wouldnt want anyway, 13inches is big enough for me)
and a dedicated graphics card. What games are you wanting to play on there?
i play a few games on mine but onli old ones, such as warcraft 3.
What level of video editing are you doing, if its at a high level you ill need the pro, with the dedicated graphics card.

Reaction score
What will you be primarily doing in Adobe Master Collection, and what exactly do you mean by video editing? If these are using these intensively, you'll probably want to go for the MacBook Pro for it's dedicated graphics card - however, if you're just editing short video clips, you could use a MacBook.

OP
L
Reaction score
Just editing using Sony Vegas and from the Adobe Master Collection i want to use Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash, Fireworks and After Effects. Anyone had problems with scratches on the case I had a laptop once with a silver case and it got scratched badly but maybe it was because it was a crap make.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Macbook pro is betta, of course, that's why it cost more, but all you really get is a bigger screen (which i wouldnt want anyway, 13inches is big enough for me)
and a dedicated graphics card. What games are you wanting to play on there?
i play a few games on mine but onli old ones, such as warcraft 3.
What level of video editing are you doing, if its at a high level you ill need the pro, with the dedicated graphics card.

I wasn't aware that a 3D accelerator was used by a video editing app. Now, I can see where it would be useful in 3D modeling or CAD applications, but not in video editing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4Gb Ram, 250gb hdd
MBP will probably be better then. Macbook would probably not be good enough becauuse of its integrated, rather than dediicated, graphics card.
SAve aa bit of money and get the pro.
I havent had one myself, but ive spent a lot of time on forums like this, ive not seen anyone complain about scratches on their mbps

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
What are the main differences between the two ?

Don't want to sound like a jerk but you can check this out yourself by going to apples' website. >_>"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.