Help! Fantom 120gb won't mount

Reaction score
Hi, I have an external Fantom 120gb USB drive that doesn't mount on my macbook (intel chip) anymore. I have all my music and pics on the drive!

Any ideas? It used to work fine but now, while Disk Utility sees it, it won't mount.

Furthermore, Diskutility gives me an error when I verfify the volume and the after i repair it, it still does not mount.

What's the deal here? All I need to do is to access the drive long enough to get my data out. Please help!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Here is a utility you can try, while not free, it seems to be almost universally accepted as the best for the Mac at what it does.

Disk Warrior - and a review

Another to use in conjunction with it is -
TechTool Pro - User reviews - read macusersince85 reviews
A lighter version of this one is included with AppleCare - so would believe it is pretty good at what it does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
If you are using firewire, try using USB. it worked for a Lacie external drive that was not being recognize by my MAC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.