Help! Email attachments failing

Reaction score
Hi,

For some reason everytime i attach a .doc or particularly .pdf file in my gmail and send it, it sends with the file name but no file extension, it's not only on my computer it's comes with no file extension but on other peoples computers as well. I have to manually ad a file extension and this is just annoying. Other peoples email attachments seem to work when i download them, but if sent from my computer this problem occurs.

Also i noticed it attaches as a "application/octet-stream". I'm not sure what this is or if this is what's causing my attachment downloads to fail.

Can anyone help me? It would be greatly appreciated as i send a lot of .pdf files and this is a major inconvenience.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. As a first step to try and sort if it is a gmail issue or your computer - try sending the same attachment using the Mail App. When u post back include OS and Mac model and also what App is making the pdf files that you are sending.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Moved out of "Suggestions/Comments/Site Support" forum as this does not appear to be a question or comment pertaining to the forum itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.