help :/ dvd not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook, Ipod Touch 8GB
i bought a used dvd player for my ibook g3, i know it's not designed to be able to play dvd's so i remember reading about this guy that bought a simple dvd player and downloaded some program from the internet that helped him play the dvds/...

does anyone know of this software/program i can download that will help with this? thanks :)

Reaction score
i bought a used dvd player for my ibook g3, i know it's not designed to be able to play dvd's so i remember reading about this guy that bought a simple dvd player and downloaded some program from the internet that helped him play the dvds/...

does anyone know of this software/program i can download that will help with this? thanks :)
What is not designed to play DVDs? The drive you bought or the ibook? Have a look at this: http://www.mcetech.com/ibg3dvdr8dl.html

Maybe someone could help you if you posted more information about what you did, such as the kind of drive you bought.

Reaction score
Which iBook ? If it's the 500Mhz I think you'll have a hard time unless both hd/optical have master and salve jumpers. Try to make sure the optical is set to slave.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.