HELP! can these files be retrieved??

J

jaguarundi

help! I just accidently copied a file to a directory that had a folder of the same name that had very important info. without thinking when it asked me if i wanted to replace the "file" of the same name I said yes. it copied over the folder which had the very important things in it. when i went to undo, the folder was still missing. its not in the trash either. is there any way to retrieve those files???

thanks,
Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
STOP USING THE VOLUME!
That being said…
the files can be recovered if they weren't written over. I've had success using Norton Unerase to recover deleted files. I know you didn't delete it, but it could still be there. Just don't use the volume that contains the data.

OP
J

jaguarundi

you mean stop using my external hard drive that they were on? what if I don't have a program like norton, any other options to get to files that might not actually be erased?

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.