HELP. Can not restore my Macbook...

Reaction score
Ok so a while back I had leapord, I used bootcamp and made a partion so I could use windows, I did not want windows anymore so I deleted the partion...at the time though instead of having it go into mac osx everytime I shut off and turned on the computer, I had it go into windows because I used windows more often then I did mac...So now whenever I restart my computer it tries to go into windows, normally I would just hold down alt and go into mac and it would be fine....

Now I wanna restore my mac, I put the disk in and press install on the cd...Whenever it restarts it tries to go to windows and then just constantly restarts....So I can never get the the disk setup and restore it, I end up having to hold down alt, and go into mac, but even when I do that it just skips the whole new installation process and just logs me back in...

Also I installed snow leapord a couple weeks ago, and im restoring it to leapord...could that be the problem, if it is how do I fix that because I do not have the snow leapord disk...

Thanks you macforums so much, and please work with me to help me fix this crap...

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let's solve one problem at a time. To enable your Mac to startup automatically in OS X, do this:

System Preferences -> Startup Disk. Select your MacIntosh HD as the startup choice. Now reboot.

Now, what is it exactly that you want to do? Do you want to reinstall Snow Leopard or Leopard? What happened to your Snow Leopard DVD?

Assuming it's Leopard, insert the DVD, reboot the machine and as soon as you hear the POST chime, hold down the OPTION key. Then select the Leopard DVD to boot. Now proceed with the install process.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
Well I set it so it starts up in mac, it does, but when I put the CD in to restore it just restarts, and then goes back to restarting continuously, and not stopping, until I hold down OPTION and then the Mac Hardrive pops up, then I just click on that and it logs me in, it skips completely...the CD did show up when I held down OPTION, but it just restarted and then continued to restart...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.