Help and Advice on upgrading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ipad mini 16g 13" Macbook Air 80g Snow Leopard ipod nano 8g 11" Macbook Air 128 g Mountain Lion
Hello,

I've registerd here today in the hope I can get some independent help and advice from some of the wise people I can see use this site.

I currently use a 5/6 year old ibook G4 OS 10.3.9 800 MHz Power PC 640 MB RAM

I love this machine however I feel it may be time for an upgrade. The battery is virtually dead, which is OK as I don't take it out. Some of the keys are bald it has no rewriter etc etc

The Macbook Air is very tempting although I'm concerned that I may not be able to transfer my photos and other data to it, does anyone know if the "wireless" transfer would work?

Also would I be able to transfer my MS office suite or would I need to buy a new one?

Its also a few hundred pounds(I'm in London England) more than a good Macbook, does the team think I'm paying too much just for looks?

I look forward to reading any feedback and thank you in anticipation,

mike:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Wireless transfer will work

You can transfer your MS Office suite over, usually simply copying it over will work, but you might want to upgrade to Office 2008

Is weight and looks vitally important yo you. Consider the Macbook and MacBook pro (You can nip down to Regent Street to try them out. Think a MacBook Pro expensive, go to the online store and look at the refurbs

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore?family=Certified

There are plenty on here who have bought refurbs and swear by them

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.