Have iBook, G4 cube??

Reaction score
I jsut bought an iBook couple of weeks ago.

I was wondering how much do you think I'd get a G4 cube for??

Would I have a hope with 300euro???

Im broke after buying the iBook! and iPod :headphone

Aptmunich

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
What do you want a cube for? They are still fairly expensive as they are almost a kind of collectors item now...

Save up until you have €499,- and get a Mac Mini... better bargain IMO since the processor is much faster than the cube's...

What do you need a desktop mac for anyway? You can always just hook up your iBook to an external monitor, mouse and keyboard if you want a home setup...

I

iDVFH.

He's right, don't get a cube..but actually is there anything the mini can do that the iBook can't?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 1.2 1.25Gig RAM Emac 1.42Ghz 1GB RAM
I'm not real sure why you'd want a cube. I just bought a 1.2Ghz iBook, an external USB 2.0 drive enclosure to put my PCs 120GB HDD into, and ordered an iBook bookend docking station. I'm trying to consolidate having 2 PCs and one PC laptop into one iBook that I can just dock / undock and keep everything on. It's a replacement for my old iBook g3/900.

If you want a desktop PC, the iBook can be used for that, and the parts will cost a fair bit less than a cube. All I need now is to pop a 1GB SODIMM in and I should be set. Total cost for all this stuff, iBook, RAM, dock station, HDD enclosure is just under $1500.