Has Anyone heard of iPhone Life?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac High Sierra Mac OS 10.13.6
I got an email in a folder that includes possible spam from something called iPhone Life saying they would send me an iPhone tip daily. Heaven knows that I need that sort of help as I'm more confused than clear about digital things on a regular basis. But I'm also suspicious. Their emails had the 'look' of spam. I tried a google search to see what I could learn, not much at all. Apparently, they also publish a magazine called iPhone Life as well. They haven't asked for any personal info... yet.
So, I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of them or reads their mag or gets their tips for iPhone. Are they a valid organization or just another type of spammers? I've been lucky with spam and have a 100% clear record of no malware or any other debilitating digital infirmary. Any advice is most welcome.
Thanks, Bob M.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
It's a site with tips it seems. If you didn't specifically sign up for it, then just delete the email and visit the site directly at https://www.iphonelife.com/ and peruse it.

If you feel compelled to get a daily tip, there is an option there for you to sign up.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I've been getting their daily tips email for some time. I think I signed up during the time I was doing the Sunday video chat tips. I wouldn't exactly consider the email spam, but many of the tips have an ad at the top of the email. The ads are usually for well-established products, and no interaction with the ad is needed to read the tip.

I don't remember for sure whether your email address is shared with their partners. I suggest checking their current privacy policy.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac High Sierra Mac OS 10.13.6
When we receive unsolicited emails, it must cross most people's minds that this could be some sort of scam to try to get inside my computer, no matter how enticing the freebie that is being offered sounds. All I'm trying to find out is if the people posting on this forum (and ones who have had some experience with this company) feel that iPhone Life is a safe and worthwhile enterprise and not a bunch of computer mobsters from another part of the world. Only last week, I got an email from Bill Gates who was trying to give me several billion dollars because he heard that I was a trustworthy nice guy. I try to check stuff out before leaping. Thanks for the posts.
Bob M.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
All unsolicited emails that come my way get marked as spam and I usually try to unsubscribe if possible. Most of them are obvious scams/spams like when people want to give you money for no reason or other things.

I've been using Gmail for a long time and virtually all of these types of emails are caught at spam automatically. If any of them do slip through, I mark them as spam and never have to deal with them again.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I visited the site via the link (thanks Aswin), and it looks innocent enough, a bit like OSX Daily and Review Geek which I used to subscribe to for newsletters but have since unsubscribed. I see they have Podcasts as well and the tips I saw are "handy" like, how to clean Apple Watch straps for example. I'm not sure I would subscribe for daily tips but I'm going to bookmark it for future reading.

LHI

Reaction score
Hey All - iPhone Life is not a scam - I work there :D We write a daily tip, as well as longer articles about Apple devices and software. All the content on our site is free, though we do have a paid Insider program with extra guides and classes. If you don't want to receive the Tip of the Day email, just don't subscribe. If you've somehow accidentally subscribed, it's easy to unsubscribe.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Thanks LHI, as said I thought the site looked fine. Unlike the iOS Tips & Tricks app it does not involve in-app purchases. The native Tips app on the other hand is free, and worth a look but Collections are not searchable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.