Hard drives

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
I would just like ask the question... Has anyone had a HD problem and/or crash with their macbook or macbook pro? I have been hearing rumblings of issues with their HD's and have been wondering?? I have also been reading about systematic production flaws with the seagate drives used in some macbooks??

please respond freely....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
My spouse have the 1,8 GHz Core (1) Duo macbook with the 60GB hard drive. She have had it for around two years now without any problems. I recently upgraded the hard drive for her though, a few weeks ago but the old one still works.

As for me i havent had any problems, but i also upgraded the harddrive in my MacBook to a 200GB 7200rpm drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Probably has more to do with the nature of laptop drives than any QC issues with any specific manufacturer.

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
I have read that keep at least 5% of your hard drive free or 5Gb which ever is larger completely open on a regular basis??? Is there any truth in this..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.