Hard Drive Upgrade

Reaction score
I am thinking of updating my hard drive with a (Seagate Momentus 7200.3 320GB 2.5IN SATA 7200RPM 16MB) where would I find info to see if my macbook can utilize it fully?

Mac OS 10.5.4 Leopard
2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2.5 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

What is the most RAM I can put in? I plan to dual boot and obviously need all the ram I can get.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That particular drive is fine and will work well in your MacBook. Be sure to follow Apple's instructions carefully when swapping it out. Of course - make a backup first! :D

As for memory, 4 Gb is the max you can install in your machine. If you're planning on dual booting with XP or Vista, you should have more than enough.

Even if running Parallels or Fusion, 4 Gb is plenty.

Regards.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You could probably check Newegg, there a few reviews by Macbook users. I have that same HDD in mine right now. I love it, haven't tested it without the power cord so not sure how battery life will take a hit.

Umm...I'm not sure if XP reads all the 4GB of RAM so you might be better off with Vista >_>""" if you plan on dual boxing. I have fusion right now, which I rarely use anyways. >_<"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.