• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Happy Mother's Day!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
May 8th is Mother's Day here in the US.

Our best wishes to Mothers here in the US and throughout the world where our forums reach.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms on our forums. Whether you are celebrating or not, I hope you enjoy the day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Well, our son and DIL live in Indianapolis and we've not seen them in 2+ years - he sent his mother a 'snail mail' card (homemade one by his wife) and a FB personalized card - we are planning an in-between meeting in a great looking rental house in the Knoxville, TN area next month (4 hrs for me; 5 hrs for him on the highway) - not sure what we may do but will be nice get together! :) Dave

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mind if I crash the party? :) You and I could detour to Memphis and check out a few blues clubs on the way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Mind if I crash the party? :) You and I could detour to Memphis and check out a few blues clubs on the way.
Hey Sly - tempting - took my son to Memphis as a teenager - we were heavily into the Blues then - rented a car and made several stops down to Vicksburg, even crossed the Mississippi to Helena (great museum there) - back to Clarksdale then ended up in Memphis at the Peabody (where we watched the ducks in the afternoon) - we did Beale Street - then took Susan back to Memphis later, re-visits for me to Sun Studios and the new Stax and other museums (wonderful!) - she's a musician on multiple instruments, so we bought her an Epiphone Masterbuilt guitar at the Gibson Plant - beautiful guitar (made in China but at a special factory w/ great woods). I would certainly love to revisit and could go on (Mud Island, Memphis Belle, food and so much more!) - :) Dave

P.S. Susan & I ate a place on Beale Street that had two guys performing and asking for audience participation - one guy from England pretended to be Frank Sinatra (rather mediocre) - Susan (a wonderful singer) went up and did 'Summertime' (the guys easily pick her key) - she received better applause - the next day we toured Graceland and all of a sudden a roar came from across the line-up for her - apparently a family that heard her sing in the restaurant - I felt great!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That must have been a great trip. I've wanted to visit that area for some time. It might be a good idea to visit before I get too senile to remember that I've been there. :)

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Here in the UK, ours was on 27 March this year.

I'd post several links explain the difference between ours and the rest of the world, but all of these are related to news agencies and similar in the UK and are country-specific unless you used a VPN.

For the rest of you all, celebrate the ladies without whom we would not be here.

Ian

Reaction score
Here in the UK, ours was on 27 March this year.

I'd post several links explain the difference between ours and the rest of the world, but all of these are related to news agencies and similar in the UK and are country-specific unless you used a VPN.

For the rest of you all, celebrate the ladies without whom we would not be here.

Ian
Used to call it Mothering Sunday when I was a lad! I hope all mothers around the world were able to celebrate the day 😀

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Still is "Mothering Sunday" in the UK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.