Halflife Episode 1 crash in Boot camp

Reaction score
I have installed half-life episode 1 on my boot camp partition but it keep on crashing in game, usually about 5 min in to the game when graphics get intense, when i lower the graphics setting the crash time does get longer but it still happens eventually

I have downloaded the new x1600 drivers but it wont let me install since it says i don't have a x1600, which i obviously do in my imac.

Anyone have this same problem?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 10.4.8, G4 "Graphite" 10.4.8
Ive been having the same issues with Everquest 2. Even on the lowest settings the computer will reboot within 2-5 min of gamestart. I havent done the x1600 driver update because I couldn't find where to download it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Yeah, looks like its a driver problem, I get about 30 sec of half-life on full settings and about 10-15 mins on low.

We need some new drivers.

I tried installing omega drivers, I do not advise this, i had to boot in safe mode to swap them back again or i was getting the xp blue screen of death on windows boot.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Are you using the latest version of Bootcamp (1.2)? It was just released a few weeks ago.

The Omega drivers have always been flakey, even going back to my old M9 card on my Inspiron 8200. I don't recommend them at all. Also, ATI's drivers are intentionally crippled so as to not install on any mobile version of their cards. They want you to go back to the OEM for any driver support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
HL2:E1 worked great on my iMac 20 w/ 256. playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. right now w/ graphics maxed. no problems other than a slight drag in intense shootouts. maybe try removing the BootCamp drivers and re-install them? i had that issue on two different Boot/XP installs.

OP
B
Reaction score
a few questions

1. how do i find out if i have the latest boot camp

2. can i update without having to re do the windows install

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
go into applications/utilities/bootcamp assistant (or whatever it's called) and you should be able to get the version in there. try to create a new drivers CD and then install that when you go back into XP.
i'm no guru, but that's the best i've got without being at my comp. :p

OP
B
Reaction score
yeah, Looks like i have the latest version. 1.2 . think it came out a while ago tho, not a few weeks.

OP
B
Reaction score
Just installed STALKER and I'm getting the freezing with that game also. Anyone found a solution?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.