Had Lightroom 2 on PC, can't install on iMac. Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac with i7 and 4GB. yippie! iPhone 4 16gb-blk
Hello;

Today I became the proud owner of a 27" iMac with i7 processor. It's freaking beautiful. My problem is I can't get Lightroom 2 to install. I originally had it installed on my Dell PC and tried installing on the iMac but to no avail. When I install, it begins the process but about 20 seconds in it shows "there was an error, please contact software people". I wrote to adobe thru their contact form but am told to expect 3 days for a response. Any ideas on what's going wrong? Thanks!

-Brent

C

chas_m

I'm going to ask the dumb question, but: is this the Mac version of Lightroom we're talking about?

If not, then download the trial and install that until you can get Adobe to "update" you (which I warn you up front will probably involve a modest fee).

Otherwise, you're going to need to set up and buy a new copy of Windows to run on your Mac if you want to stick to using the PC version of Lightroom. Adobe has generally (IME) allowed "sidegrades" for relatively little money, and that would be a lot better idea IMHO.

OP
brentD300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Chas -

My lightroom disc says "windows/mac os" so im assuming both versions are on the DVD. I could be wrong. I'm trying to track down a number for them and see what's up.

Brent

OP
brentD300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
got it

after some digging i found out that installing the original lightroom 2.0 disc will not work with Mac OS 10.6. Download update 2.6 from adobe and enter your registration key. Hope this helps anybody else that comes across this problem.

-Brent

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Thanks for reporting back.

Reaction score
Thanks!

Same thing just happened to me and... it worked!

I was going to call support tomorrow, but a quick search on Google turned up your post.

Thanks for sharing!

after some digging i found out that installing the original lightroom 2.0 disc will not work with Mac OS 10.6. Download update 2.6 from adobe and enter your registration key. Hope this helps anybody else that comes across this problem.

-Brent

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.