• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

grrrrrrr - crashed lost 2 hours work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
well i spent 2 hours making this video of a paintball party. music, effects, everything.

then went to add a title saying 'the end, thanks for watching' and it crashed and lost all my 2 hours work.

just started to do it again now but any ideas ?

ps. yes i know i should have saved it more regulary but i was 10 secs from saving it !

the movie (as an imovie file) is about 6 gb - atm - could be more once music etc is added.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
10 seconds from saving after 2 hours' work? You must be a real optimist. I know Macs are pretty stable but I'd have been saving every 10 minutes; even if iMovie hadn't crashed, there's always the possibility you'll stuff something up and need to revert.

Reaction score
Try looking in the Trash - Recovered Files?

From my Windows days I habitually save work every few seconds. I don't even have to think about it. In fact I often unconsciously try to save web pages when browsing. I have a thumb button programmed on my mouse for Save, also use Command+S every so often just to catch it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
iMovie seems buggy on Intel Macs. Final Cut Pro is more hard to use, but it is more stable. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Save regularly, save often.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
thanks guys.

i ALWAYS save reulary - as was about to lol.

but i have redone most of it now.

imovie is more stable on my intel mac compared to my ibook g4.

anyways thanks guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.