• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

GRRRR.... I can't believe this!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP 2.33Ghz, 3GB RAM, FinalCutStudio2
I can't believe this!!! I just got my MBP 2.33 about 2 weeks or so ago. Now they have a new version with a bigger (160gig) 7200 RPM drive (Which I really wanted) and also more memory and better graphics. GRRR.... Do you think if I called them they would change out the HDD???

Josh

Reaction score
Break it and send it back! Just playing.

I doubt they would upgrade it for free, but you can always give it a try. Thats a real bummer. When I have the money for my iMac I am going to wait for the next iMac that is released before I buy it, so it won't be outdated as quickly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
the 5400 is better for the laptop, mainly because of the size and less heat absorbed... the 160g was available before the update, because i have it :)
you can upgrade on your own up to 3 gb which for most purposes is more than enough, but the video card is better, but you won't really appreciate its benefits or difference unless you are in graphic design or play video games.

OP
ThePaintballGuy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I need the 7200RPM drive and I already have the 3 gigs of memory and I use all 3 gigs of it. I run the Final Cut Studio 2 edit suite so the faster stuff is the better.

Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
well if u r still within the 14 days period then the answer is YES u can return it and get the better one.

Hope that helps

OP
ThePaintballGuy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am just outside that 14 day mark. It's been like 20 days. Ga that sucks

Josh

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
dude. you just bought a fantastic machine that will last you years. don't let some minor upgrade to the line sully your experience.

OP
ThePaintballGuy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I know. I was just wondering. Really the only thing that I don't like is the bigger 7200RPM HDD.

Josh

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well you could always put one of those in yourself and put the current one in an enclosure for backups and such. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
90 day return warranty. You can send it back, get your refund and then just purchase the newer one.

Reaction score
well if u r still within the 14 days period then the answer is YES u can return it and get the better one.

Hope that helps

AARRGHHHHH!!!1111

It's 28 days you all! ;P

*eats his choco chip muffin and calms down*

If you got it within 28 days of a new model replacing it then you can have it exchanged free. I wish people would do their research before stating things like that :Not-Amused:

Edit: unless it's different in other countries? :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
AARRGHHHHH!!!1111

It's 28 days you all! ;P

*eats his choco chip muffin and calms down*

If you got it within 28 days of a new model replacing it then you can have it exchanged free. I wish people would do their research before stating things like that :Not-Amused:

Edit: unless it's different in other countries? :/

uh what country are you in? it is 14 days in the US

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
90 day return warranty. You can send it back, get your refund and then just purchase the newer one.

Wow... that's all I'm gonna say about that comment. You need to look up the difference between a return policy and warranty support.

Lionel... take it easy on that muffin bud, it's 14 days here in the US.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, 2GB DDR, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, Super Drive
return it. then buy the new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I can't believe this!!! I just got my MBP 2.33 about 2 weeks or so ago. Now they have a new version with a bigger (160gig) 7200 RPM drive (Which I really wanted) and also more memory and better graphics. GRRR.... Do you think if I called them they would change out the HDD???

Josh

Take it back you still have 28 Day Return on it, Jobs a Good Un...Say you no longer want it, then say actually you know what I;ve changed my mind can I have that new one...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
Ok, here's some advice. All Macbook pros have a delay that's built into the eject key that causes it not to respond to quick touches but if you hold it down for a few seconds it works. This is an unofficial feature and the Genius bar treats it as a keyboard glitch. They will allow you to return it for a replacement and guess what they'll give you? That's right, the new model. I've done it for the last 2 product updates as they were both within a replacement window which I think is 90 days. I hope no geniuses are reading this...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
sat there tapping his eject key - lol you are right, never really noticed that but dont put a lot of cd/s or dvds in my machine.

wont the genius bar just hold for 2 seconds and say it works though - how do you argue it if they refuse though??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
I couldn't find the videocard specs, but I did find the desktop version of it. It hauls butt. It is a great card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.