Greeting Card software

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why would they disable features? to justify the price? Thanks for the reply.

Tom

Patrick makes a valid point above about the price and it going to the developer rather than letting Apple take its cut. However, on the other side, the developer's app will get a greater amount of exposure being in the App store. Developers may not have the resources to advertise their app and therefore increase sales.

With regard to iStudio Publisher, there is absolutely no difference between purchasing from the App store or from the developer direct. In that situation, buy it from the App store as all your updates will be free and you can always re-download the app at any time from your puchased items.

Also, don't believe everything you hear about features being disabled on certain apps sold in the App store. Apple does not allow trial or nagware apps in the App store.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks Randy, I followed the link and checked out the features but didn't see anything on graphics editing. That is something my wife needs. Thanks again.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
In that situation, buy it from the App store as all your updates will be free and you can always re-download the app at any time from your puchased items.

I dare say that with some App Store software "updates" that if the app happens to be a new version, one then often needs to purchase it again to get and use the new version.

That's not always the same case as when purchased directly from the developer. But one does needs to check.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Thanks Randy, I followed the link and checked out the features but didn't see anything on graphics editing. That is something my wife needs.

What sort of graphics editing does she need? You can edit your graphics before you use your greeting card software.

Preview, included with the MacOS, will do a surprising amount of graphic editing if you look under the Tools menu.

If you need something more advanced, this product is free:

ChocoFlop (free, donations requested)
http://www.chocoflop.com/home_en.html
Free serial number for ChocoFlop:
http://www.chocoflop.com/buy_en.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.