Graphics card & other mac hardware questions

Reaction score
I'm gonna be going over sees for 6-8 months (leaving mid march) but by the time I get back, my iMac might be obsolete. (April 2008 model) I don't know if it has a 64 bit processor (i think its 32 bit) but if it does, tell me.

If I get a new iMac, I need to know which graphics card is better for Mac & boot camp gaming (with the visuals on full)

The top of the line nVidia Geforce or whatever, or the top of the line ATI Radeon HD card.

EDIT: BTW what is the top of the line nVidia Geforce and the top of the line ATI Radeon HD graphics card?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 MDD 1.5 GHZ (OC) 1.25 GB Ubuntu and Leopard INTEL SUCK IT!!
Your Mac is far from obsolete, its barely 2 years old. Although, that depends on what u are doing with it?

OP
Mercedes1787
Reaction score
Well I'd use my mac for allot of things, just as a basic computer to a gaming machine, the problem is, It can't hold more than 4 gig of ram, snow leopard uses 64 bit, but is mine 64 bit or 32 bit (64 bit + snow leopard lets you have more than 4 gig of ram, I heard)

EDIT: I'm on Macfixit.com.au (ram, graphics cards ect) what is better, nVidia Geforce 9400 or ATI Radeon HD something, something (whats the best ATI Radeon HD card)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm an ATi man personally, Radeons are VERY reliable. Four gig is either a mobo limit or you're 32-bit. For most games your setup is fine, unless you want super high quality which you won't get in anything but the Pro

OP
Mercedes1787
Reaction score
I'm an ATi man personally, Radeons are VERY reliable. Four gig is either a mobo limit or you're 32-bit. For most games your setup is fine, unless you want super high quality which you won't get in anything but the Pro

Mobo? also by pro do you mean ATI Radeon Pro or something else? (which is better ATI Radeon Pro or HD, Id use Mac & PC [boot camp] games with high/best visuals) do you know any places in Australia that sell great graphics cards for hard core gaming?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, i'm a USA guy, Mobo is slang for motherboard and the Mac Pro is the only system that can run all the new games, but for most PC and Mac Games u will be fine

OP
Mercedes1787
Reaction score
what is the best ATI Radeon HD graphics card anyway (best nVidia is nVidia geforce 9400m?)

Reaction score
Hi there,

Download Mactracker from here and it will give you detailed specs on your Mac, including what type of RAM you should install.

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.