GPS questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
When using the GPS the map doesn't follow the blue dot... Do you think there will be an update that actually tracks your location, instead of zooming out and panning around to keep up? Also, Do you think there will ever be an update with audio directions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Mine follows the blue dot....

As for the "audio instructions" that you're asking for, there are two GPS companies that are reportedly creating traditional turn-by-turn software for the iPhone. So it's coming eventually.

Reaction score
I know sometimes when travelling fast the gps has more trouble with keeping a good point on you. Also if the roads are close then it might have trouble keeping track of what road your on.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Also, I've never been in an area where the traffic function was clickable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
While tracking if you use your fingers to zoom in it will zoom to the spot you select and stay there. If you start tracking and don't touch it it will follow the dot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black
When you hit the current location button in the bottom left corner, it will follow your location. Just don't touch the map screen or it will center on where you touch!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I know sometimes when travelling fast the gps has more trouble with keeping a good point on you. Also if the roads are close then it might have trouble keeping track of what road your on.
This is not true...

Also the gps does not keep track of what road you're on...
It just gets your location and puts the point on the map... So it should not make a difference no matter how close two roads are.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.