• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Got my new bird today!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I just picked him up today. Man he is a little rascal!

He lands on my head all the time...

08082009014.jpg

He's a Mac, in case you were wondering :cool:

08082009011z.jpg

PROTEKTIN' MAH DATA:

08082009015.jpg

On my guitar:

08082009018.jpg

And this one is my personal favorite:

08082009019.jpg

The picture of him on the keyboard really gets the best picture of his color. He's not pale in the slightest, and in fact, he's very, very blue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Your images fail...

What's the ugly thing it's sitting on in the first pic?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Neat bird. I'm surprised you can get it to sit still long enough to take pictures.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What's the ugly thing it's sitting on in the first pic?

That is a Derek McNelly! :D

Cool bird Derek. You have a name for him/her yet? What breed of bird is it?

Great pics also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Hmmm who knows what that bird could be downloading while your taken pics of him on your keyboard. Also very neat looking.

OP
Derek McNelly
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
That is a Derek McNelly! :D

Cool bird Derek. You have a name for him/her yet? What breed of bird is it?

Great pics also.

His name is Stanley, and he's a Pacific Parrotlet, the world's smallest breed of parrot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
His name is Stanley, and he's a Pacific Parrotlet, the world's smallest breed of parrot.

That's a pretty novel name. The name always makes me remember Dark Stanley. >_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13 Inch Aluminum 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB
Very cute! I love the color. Make sure to get his nails filed and stuff. I have a green cheek conure. Birds are great pets! Really fun and very affectionate! Congrats!

Reaction score
Having owned birds in the past the one thing for you to learn to do is clip his flight feathers, it's not hard to do and will save you heartbreak when you forget he is on your shoulder and walk out the door with him and he's gone. Also get the name of a good vet that works with birds and have him checked out at least once a year and right away if he seem to be acting out of character like pulling out his feathers,pecking at himself, not talking, either bird talk or words. Wishing you luck with him and as birds are messy, but fun, be sure to keep his area clean for health reasons.

Reaction score
Nice looking bird. Does he stay out of his cage all the time?

Reaction score
Having owned birds in the past the one thing for you to learn to do is clip his flight feathers, it's not hard to do and will save you heartbreak when you forget he is on your shoulder and walk out the door with him and he's gone. Also get the name of a good vet that works with birds and have him checked out at least once a year and right away if he seem to be acting out of character like pulling out his feathers,pecking at himself, not talking, either bird talk or words. Wishing you luck with him and as birds are messy, but fun, be sure to keep his area clean for health reasons.

If the bird really is your companion, he wouldn't fly away... there are plenty of people who walk out in the open with birds on their shoulders. Parrots have the mental capacity to be your friend rather than just a pet...

Reaction score
If the bird really is your companion, he wouldn't fly away... there are plenty of people who walk out in the open with birds on their shoulders. Parrots have the mental capacity to be your friend rather than just a pet...
There are also plenty of people who have lost birds that have been scared by a sudden noise or disturbance and have flown off. You do what you feel is right, no two birds are the same just enjoy him he will give you a lot of pleasure with his antics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,
Nice. :) I have an African Red Belly Parrot. I've had parrots for about 10 years, but she's my only one now.
n703646170_2165956_8878.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.