• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Google gooses Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Would you have to download the site/webpage/web app to the cache first. Then you could work on it offline. Well that's how I think it'd work. I'd like to know if this is true or not.

I think for some of the new web apps it'd be a good idea. But personally I'd still prefer the usual downloadable and store on the HD style apps we are used too. Sure web apps are good but it's all extra bandwith we have to use each time we want to run the app.

A little off topic maybe. But I just can't see me using this all that much. As with cable/adsl internet services reasonably priced these days, there's no need to swich disconnect from the net when your using your machine. A macbook/pro/air user might disagree with me if they hook up to a wired net connection at home. But want some of that net based stuff when they're on the road and don't want to pay the high prices for the wireless net.

So there's a market for it in my opinion for notebook users. But for us desktop users, not so much. But there is the hint of having the apps stored in the ether/cloud and just having the save data on your computer. And loading the data back into the net based app each time you want to use it.

I like things just how they are at the moment. But am interested as to where these ideas may lead in the future.

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
I am with you - I just don't like to work with an app stored somewhere else. I would rather have "my" app on "my" HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I agree with you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple is always the one who comes up with the original ideas. Then all the other companies copy them, and somehow end up suing Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
Apple is always the one who comes up with the original ideas. Then all the other companies copy them, and somehow end up suing Apple.

Ooooh, there are going to be a lot of responses to this one! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac
Yeah, thats going to start an interesting thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
None... :(
*subscribed to this thread* :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What have I done. Can't wait to see what happens now. But let's face it. I don't want to offend anyone, but you have to admit - Apple does everything first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Except the idea of ripping off the market leader. (innovation and technology that is). They'd have to rip themselves off then haha!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.