Google Chrome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2007 20" - OSX 10.10.4; iPad 2 - 2013 - iOS 8.1.2
I'm having issues with Google Chrome on my MacMini running on OS19.9.5. After running MacKeeper's Wise uninstaller to get rid of a lot of "junk", Chrome no longer works. Not sure what I deleted. When I go to Apple's App Store, I don't see Chrome to reinstall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
MacKeeper is not a keeper! Get rid of it and if you have any issues uninstalling it post back for help.

If you want a good program to clean up "junk" download Onyx for Mavericks (I am assuming the 19.9.5 is a typo and you meant 10.9.5)

Titanium's Software • View topic - Re: OnyX - History

You will have to download Chrome from the internet. It is not in the Apple Store. You will have to approve installing it since it is from the web and not the store. If you need help post back and ask.

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/#eula

Lisa

M

MacInWin

And you will probably start to see problems with other things MacKeeper has messed up. If you have a backup, you might be better off restoring back to before you ran MacKeeper, maybe even before you installed it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And you will probably start to see problems with other things MacKeeper has messed up. If you have a backup, you might be better off restoring back to before you ran MacKeeper, maybe even before you installed it.

Excellent point. If Time Machine or some other backup is available prior to the installation of MacKeeper, I would heartily endorse using it. That should fix Chrome too.

Lisa

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your suggestions. The older I get, the less I know!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Thanks for your suggestions. The older I get, the less I know!

I experience that myself every day !
It has positive sides as well :Mischievous:

Cheers ... McBie

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacKeeper uninstall?

OK. I did uninstall Google Chrome ... haven't reinstalled it yet.
Now, assuming that I'm getting rid of MacKeeper, how do I uninstall that? I don't think that I would use their Wise Uninstaller?!

Suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Have a read through this and remember .. us old guys are slow remembering because we have that much vital information stored in our brains!!!

We should make a list of what that "vital information" might be!;)

So we don't forget of course!!!;);)

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good idea, Jake.
One of the suggestions was to extract any files from Data Encryptor before uninstalling MacKeeper.
I would if I could remember that old password! Nothing important anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not on the topic of Google Chrome but....

Years ago I remember reading that only one person knew all, and was responsible for, all the Campbell Soups recipes ... and he was retiring. So they had him sit down and create a database of all the recipes before he left. Sounds like a good idea I'd say since he had all the "vital information" for how to make all the huge vats of soups. But that is not as unusual as it sounds. I am very sure over the years we have lost a lot of "vital information" as people got older and retired.

Lisa

M

MacInWin

Many years ago there was a similar problem at Lawrence Livermore labs. A lot of scientists who had done the early nuclear research were retiring and taking the "every knows" information with them. We were challenged to come with a way of getting that info that "everybody knows" that nobody really knew into a computer file somewhere. We had some ideas, but I moved to a different project before the decided what to do. I suspect that as the "gray hairs" retire, a lot of companies will be in that same boat!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
You know the saying. "Those that don't know their history…are doomed to repeat it!"

Regarding the folks retiring & the companies loosing that info. They will just have to "reinvent things" (repeat history)…or hire the retired folks back as consultants at mega bucks/hour (if they're smart)!!!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Believe it or not, but " folks ( with a lot of knowledge ) leaving companies " is becoming the number 1 scenario in the Business Continuity Plans for a lot of companies.
Knowledge retention is also the top priority of HR managers ( that take their job seriously ).

Now .... back on topic everyone :)

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.