• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Good time to invest?

Reaction score
I'm not really up to speed with all the dates for product launches over there in the States so I was wandering when would be a good time to invest in a MacBook?

Is there a conference I should wait for or is now as good a time as ever?

Thanks,

beattie41:D

Reaction score
I would wait after the WWDC this June. Actually I'm waiting until October or November to buy an iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, 2GB DDR, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, Super Drive
I would say

January. The release of Leopard I'm sure will be followed by new hardware but they seem to always have a surprise for the holiday season. Also this will allow you to see if there are any major hardware flaws or recalls before making the "commitment".

Reaction score
January. The release of Leopard I'm sure will be followed by new hardware but they seem to always have a surprise for the holiday season. Also this will allow you to see if there are any major hardware flaws or recalls before making the "commitment".

Thats quite a wait.

Reaction score
If you want to buy a macbook then I would buy one now they just released the new versions it may be awhile. If you want a MBP wait unil WWDC in June 11-15th I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!

Wow... I would say that's a little crazy. There's no reason to wait for Leopard. By June 15th all the notebooks in the Apple lineup should be completely refreshed and that will be a great time to buy. Assuming the MBP's get Santa Rosa, and mayyybe LED's, the only thing Xmas would bring for any of the notebooks is a speed upgrade (maybe LED for MB). By now there would be rumors of anything that would be worth waiting for. That being said, if you're going to wait til January, might as well wait forever...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.