Good place to get some extra SD-RAM in UK?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Hey. I just got a Powerbook 17" and it came with 512 RAM. I was wondering whether anyone could recommend any cheap and reliable websites for RAM upgrades.

I have read the user manual and there is indeed a section on upgrading RAM. I see that I have SO DIMM SD RAM. What sort of RAM do I need to upgrade to the maximum possible capacity? I have 512 already. And 2 slots (i think), of which only 1 is free. So can I add a 1GB ram chip to make a total of 1.5 GB ram? Is that okay or will my system be unstable or something coz of that?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Strider said:
Hey. I just got a Powerbook 17" and it came with 512 RAM. I was wondering whether anyone could recommend any cheap and reliable websites for RAM upgrades.

I have read the user manual and there is indeed a section on upgrading RAM. I see that I have SO DIMM SD RAM. What sort of RAM do I need to upgrade to the maximum possible capacity? I have 512 already. And 2 slots (i think), of which only 1 is free. So can I add a 1GB ram chip to make a total of 1.5 GB ram? Is that okay or will my system be unstable or something coz of that?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Try http://crucial.com/uk/. They currently seem to have some of the best prices, and my understanding is that their quality is good. I'm not familiar with the PB's memory setup, but are you certain that only one slot is free? Either way, you could certainly add a 1 GB stick to your current configuration, and you'll have no problems at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.