Gmail problems on my imac

Reaction score
Everything has been fine for some time on my IMAC but in the last few days the Gmail accounts don't seem to remember their passwords and I can't log into my preferences, accounts, gmail and change the passwords. I go to mail, preferences, select an account and go to server settings and it just says offline. What am I not doing right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
I am guessing that you are having this problem 'cos you have update to Mojave 10.14.4. There are now 49 pages on the Apple Community Support website on this subject. My gmail seems to be working fine most of the time since I deleted it and reinstalled it, although I do still occasionally get a failed login message. For other Apple devices I use the gmail app.

It is unsatisfactory that there hasn't been any formal explanation by Apple as to why so many people are having problems with this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.