Ghosting or upgrading a Hard Drive ??

Reaction score
Guys I just bought a used MacBook Pro and it only has a 120 gig hard drive. I have a brand new 500 gig I would like to use in the laptop. Unfortunatley the laptop did not come with the recovery cd so I can reinstall the OS, can I use Ghost to just clone the drive or is the an app out there for Mac that will clone the drive for me ?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No "Ghost" or "True Image" for the Mac. However, there's several cloning programs that you can try: "SuperDuper" (shareware) and "Carbon Copy Cloner" (donation ware).

Both programs are able to clone the contents of your internal HDD to an external drive while at the same time making it bootable. Then all you have to do is swap drives to be up and running.

Of the two programs mentioned above, I prefer and use Carbon Copy Cloner but either program will do what you want.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.