Getting rid of OS:X?

Reaction score
I switched a couple months ago, and learned OS:X isnt for me. Is it possible to use bootcamp, and install windows, and completely get rid of OS:X?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I'd have to say the better option is to sell up and get yourself a nice Windows machine. Without OS X there really isn't any need to have a Mac over a PC. May I ask what issues you've been having with OS X... maybe we can help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I'd have to say the better option is to sell up and get yourself a nice Windows machine. Without OS X there really isn't any need to have a Mac
Agreed 100%
You would be much better suited with a Windows machine. Sell the Mac and get what you need.
:black:

OP
E
Reaction score
i wish i bought a lenovo... but too late, already bought the mac....dont have $ for another computer.

But I'm not disparaging it in any way; its a great design, and OS:X is very simple and intuitive.

part of it is just that im so used to windows. and a big thing is just the speed... windows simply runs so much faster (i know another gig of ram would help, but I can run windows great with this setup).

another reason is programs... well, mainly one: Microsoft Onenote... greatest notetaking program ever. i'm using omni-note right now, and its good, but doesn't compare.

OP
E
Reaction score
Agreed 100%
You would be much better suited with a Windows machine. Sell the Mac and get what you need.
:black:

why sell the mac? im happy with the hardware specs. It wouldn't be worth it to sell at its depreciated value.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
why sell the mac? im happy with the hardware specs. It wouldn't be worth it to sell at its depreciated value.

thats just one of the great things about macs... they dont depreciate nearly as fast as PCs. if its a fairly new machine, you might barely lose any cash. take a look at the buy/sell forum and maybe youd be ok with some of the prices.

i think the biggest issue youre gonna run into if you are simply using the windows side of your mac, is when leapord is released, bootcamp will no longer work, and you will have to upgrade leopard. also, if you want to make any changes concerning windows, you have to boot into OSX and navigate around.

macs tend to be a little more expensive than PCs of comparable specs, simply because us mac users are willing to pay for the hardware and the operating system... therefore, sell your mac, and youll be able to upgrade to nicer specs (because in most of our opinions, windows is crap). good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
I cant understand the speed issue your having. My OSX Apps are easily as quick if not faster than most win apps.

I think you should just give yourself a short while with just using OSX without going near a win machine(if possible) This is how I dived in the deep end and now I can blast though everything I need with ease.

Also it that true of what I read, when leopard comes out bootcamp wont work for 10.4!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
We had a thread on this pretty recently. Another member wanted to install only Windows but keep the hardware.

Now, I'm sure you would much rather prefer an answer to your question rather than having people telling you to sell (no offense to the other members, as I stated in the other thread, I am not a big fan of dropping OS X in favor of Windows).

It's quite easy to install just Windows on a Mac. All you have to do is pop in your Windows install disc, and then run the setup as usual.

Before you do this, I suggest running Boot Camp and creating the driver CD. This way you won't have any issues with hardware once you finish installing Windows.

OP
E
Reaction score
We had a thread on this pretty recently. Another member wanted to install only Windows but keep the hardware.

Now, I'm sure you would much rather prefer an answer to your question rather than having people telling you to sell (no offense to the other members, as I stated in the other thread, I am not a big fan of dropping OS X in favor of Windows).

It's quite easy to install just Windows on a Mac. All you have to do is pop in your Windows install disc, and then run the setup as usual.

Before you do this, I suggest running Boot Camp and creating the driver CD. This way you won't have any issues with hardware once you finish installing Windows.

Thank You!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I posed the same question when I first started using Bootcamp, just out of curiosity. From what I saw while loading Windows, it should definitely work without issue.

That being said, I think you should give OS X some time. If yours is running slow, maybe there's something wrong with it and you should have the guys at the nearby Apple store take a look just to be sure.

Also, if there's a program on Windows you can't do without, you should consider getting Parallels to run those programs. With their new feature called "coherence" you can run a Windows app in virtually the same manner as a Mac app. It runs of the MAc desktop, minimizes into the Dock and runs just as quick as in native-run Windows. It's really amazing. You should give it a look.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.