Getting Repairs UK

Reaction score
Hi - I called up yesterday to ask about the options I had getting my MacBook repaired. As I had been royally messed around for 6 months trying to achieve this, the customer rep said they might be able to arrange for a replacement computer whilst mine was getting repair (hardware issue, computer under a year old). The call dropped whilst I was on hold; to cut a long story short another rep said this and then when I had to call back today I was told by yet another that was not the case. Does anyone know if this is a service that Apple provides?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You really need to discuss this with Apple support UK. It's possible that Apple may determine your MacBook should be replaced with a new one since it's less than a year old.

Here in the US Apple does not give the customer a "loaner" machine while theirs is in for repairs. I have no idea what the policy is in the UK but I suspect it's the same.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.