getting IRATE with Indesign CS2

Reaction score
I'm not sure why this happens and Adobe's online support is terrible.

I've run into this problem before and to this day am unable to understand how Adobe InDesign CS2 crashed EVERYTIME I open an .indd file. First I was saving files on my external hard drive, starting shutting down. Then I started saving the files on my desktop thinking the external hard drive had something to do with it. Now, I'm trying to open a file that I had opened yesterday, due to a client tomorrow and it shuts down Indesign EVERYTIME!!!

I've tried everything short of a reinstall on my Mac, which to me is the biggest headache everytime this happens...this is rediculous!!!! ARRRRGGGG

Seems this always happens when you have a project due the next day...

And yes, I do have an Intel based Mac. Anybody have any brilliant ideas?

:radioacti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I've tried everything short of a reinstall
What exactly is everything? We can try to help, but if we don't know what you have already done, then you are likely going to get suggestions for steps that you completed.
That being said, let's start with some questions:

+ Have you tired deleting the .plist file for InDesign?
+ Have you cleared your caches?
+ Have you looked for updates from Adobe?
+ Have you tried repairing permissions?
+ Have you tried a disk repair?
+ Do you have the same problems with other Adobe apps?
+ Have you tried clearing the scratch disk (if you have set one up) for InDesign?

If you have done all of those, or if there is anything that you have done, please let us know so we can try to help you out a little better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I have no idea how to solve the problem, but I second the motion. Adobe support does suck.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you SO much for the quick reply. I will try a few of the above options that I have not done yet.

OP
S
Reaction score
All I have to say is thank you thank you!!!

I deleted the .plist and it opened my document w/o crashing (for now at least).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I had the same problem with Photoshop. It took days to find any mention of the plist file on the web, but deleting it usually solves any problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.