Getting Frontrow to work on my powerbook

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting frontrow to work on my powerbook using the andrew escobar tutorial located here.

I have tried to install it a few times and it never seems to actually instyall. the option esc key doesnt work and there's no evidence of it in the system preferences. I am running OSX 10.4.9. I thought that i had had it working a long time ago, but its not working now. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Are you sure it's compatible with 10.4.9? His site says 10.4.8 which could make a huge difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
I am having trouble getting frontrow to work on my powerbook using the andrew escobar tutorial located here.

I have tried to install it a few times and it never seems to actually instyall. the option esc key doesnt work and there's no evidence of it in the system preferences. I am running OSX 10.4.9. I thought that i had had it working a long time ago, but its not working now. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Use spotlight to find any evidence of front row and delete it. Delete the enabler and the update from Apple.

Check for software updates for your machine and be sure you've downloaded all of them. Then try it again from the beginning...follow his instructions word for word.

-Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Spotlight doesn't search the folder where FrontRow is housed (/System/ Library/CoreServices).

FrontRow doesn't have a System Preferences pane.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.