Getting Boot Camp to switch to MacOS from Windows is inexplicably inconsistent...

Reaction score
I've seen and read in multiples places that you must press the option key while restarting in order to get to the screen that looks similar to this:

macos-sierra-startup-disk.png

Well first off, I have a Windows keyboard so I'm pressing ALT (the equivalent). However, it seemed to become evident, by chance, that getting to this screen above would not work if I chose "Restart" from the Windows menu. Instead, I would have to power off the iMac (2013) and press the ALT key while powering up. And this worked at least three times.......Until now. It doesn't matter if I hold the ALT key before pressing the power button, at the same time, or even a second after......it boots to Windows every time. Any idea why this is being so problematic?

I now believe I have a password for one of the four MacOS accounts and I want to completely reset the machine without Windows. Please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Is the keyboarb USB or wireless/bluetooth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
OP
A
Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.