Getting a windows-like keymap (with PC keyboard)?

ziphnor

Reaction score
I have started using a Mac Mini M1 for work (software development). I am not switching to Mac, I am just visiting for a while because its faster than my current work laptop.

The biggest problem I have so far is the keymap. I use a Danish PC keyboard, and the Mac danish keymap is not very developer friendly (I need to press 3(!) keys to write { and } ) and several other important keys ( </> etc) are making it hard for my muscle memory.

Do there exist any tools that can help me get closer to the PC/Windows keyboard experience? It would be great if it was a template, and not just a tool where I would have to individually map each of the problematic keys.

PS: I have already remapped the modifier keys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
OP
Z

ziphnor

Reaction score
It sounds like you want to change the keyboard layout.

Well, its not enough for me to switch between say US and DK layouts, but that guide points to Ukelele and Karabiner-Elements and they look like something that might do the trick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.