Getting a mac

J

jabberwock486

i have decided to get a Mac as a secondary system for my bed room. right now i am mainly thinking about the mac mini as the price range is nice. however i am also thinking about replaceing my current laptop with an ibook. I have been wanting to get more into mac but the price range is out of my grasp and i really dont have much say in parts. hey i always have built my systems and always will. however i want something for my room that can serve as a basic internet system, music player and DVD player. size really doesn't concern me that much.

While i wish there was more to do as far as upgrades to the mac mini it so far seems to be the best idea. as far as price goes i want to stay under $1200. I just though i would get some info from people who already own products.

I am not gonna buy right away, i am atleast waiting on 2 things, for my store to carry the mac mini and for the new apple OS

Reaction score
Get a mac mini, upgrade the ram to at least 512mb, then get a Dell 2005FPW 20in widescreen LCD to go with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
you can get a g4 tower, or imac pretty cheap these days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.