Get rid of AOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook
I have been with AOL for a long time & it is a pain... but I'd rather not change my email address I've had for decades! (I use Safari.) Is there a way to get around the AOL password system. I used to be able to use AOL without a name & password. I don't think earlier AOL Systems required the password system to access the internet using Safari. Is there any way to get around the AOL password system neede every time I start Safari?? Could I use another system & still keep my AOL afdress?

Thanx in advance for any help,

Dave

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Dave

If you Open Mail > Mail Preferences > Accounts, you can use the "+" symbol to add an account and up pops this:

Screenshot 2020-03-10 at 11.50.06 am??.png

And one of the options is AOL. This means you can add AOL to the Mail app. Probably you will have to input your Username and almost certainly your Password, the latter in the Incoming & Outgoing Servers; but it's easy to do.

Thereafter, the Mail app fetches your AOL messages automatically, as it does for most accounts. Would that help you?

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
We switched from AOL as our ISP to another provider fifteen years ago. My wife has kept her AOL email address without any problems access it either via AOL.com on Safari on her Mmacbook and Mail on phone and iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Which macOS version are you using?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.