Get rich-text in hotmail on a mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
If you use hotmail on a mac with safari you'll know that the browser doesn't support "rich-text" when you write an email. Neither does firefox. Does anyone know how I can send rich-text emails from hotmail, and if so, using what browser?

I was thinking of downloading the old version of internet explorer for macintosh but was worried about the security of using an outdated browser?

Thanks,
Michael.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
Oh, I worked it out. I've been using the "old-style" version of hotmail which doesn't have support for rich-text in browsers other than IE. However when I clicked that little button to start using the new "windows live hotmail" format view, rich-text is supported in firefox.. that's an improvement, i suppose.. even though i prefer safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
i would suggest using Gmail, it has tones of USEFUL features, such as autosave of emails, you can send attachments up to 20mb (hotmail does 10mb), built in chat, vaction autoresponder....etc....

Or you can use Mail.app to download all your email via pop3; however im not sure if hotmail supports this....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.