Gesture direction

Reaction score
I want to start off saying I have always been a windows guy. I was amongst the people who thought macs were for idiots paying for nothing more than a logo. A string of unfortunate events with my matebook x provoked me to give apple a shot, and I've been pleasantly surprised.
The only change I want to make that I cant figure out is swiping between pages. It doesn't move the direction that feels natural to me and I'd like to reverse it. You know, the gesture where you slide left/right with two or three fingers and it goes to the other "desktop" or page. Can this be changed, or do I have to get used to it?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Go to:

- Apple drop down menu
- System Preferences
- Trackpad

Then search thru the settings to see if the change you would like to make is there. There are some adjustments that can be made as to the direction some gestures do.

Click on each of the tabs as well...and notice that many of the each of the individual gestures has its own drop down menu for more settings/adjustments.:)

HTH,

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
That's where I looked first and haven't found it. The only related option is "natural scrolling" but that's just for up/down. :(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Did you click on the "More Gestures" tab...and then click on the drop down menu for the "Swipe Between Pages" gesture?

If that's not the gesture you're talking about...maybe you can describe in more detail the gesture you are doing & want to adjust.

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
Yes that's the gesture, but none of the options relate to the direction you swipe. I only have options for how many fingers can be used with the gesture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
This should help. The settings are in Accessibility. When you have it up and running, starting your swipe OFF the trackpad seems to get a better connection.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204609

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.