• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

GBA / equivalent Emulator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
Like many, I really wish Nintendo would port over their older games (or make new ones that are similar). I have been itching to play Pokemon Fire Red (or a different one, not too picky) on my iPhone & iPad for a while now.

So, I've begun to look into a GBA emulator. The most highly recommended one I could find is called "GBA4iOS" - I downloaded the appropriate version for iOS 13, but my phone keeps saying "Sorry, there has been an error downloading this".

Which brings me to my question:

Does anyone know of a reliable GBA emulator? If so, please pass this information along!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, Numerous iPods, Catalina
Where did you download GBA4iOS from? It appears it has been updated for the iPhone X and later and should work with iOS 13.

Did you try this link? GBA4iOS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iEmulators is where I downloaded it from - I used the iOS 13 version. Every time I tried to download it the icon on my phone says "Sorry, there has been an error downloading your application".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Of course, I should just keep trying. I have tried at least 4 different times, but this time it worked.

Nothing to see here.