Gaming on a macbook?

Reaction score
Now I already have a desktop that can run most games perfectly, so I don't really need expect perfect flawless performance, but it would be nice if I could run games like WoW and TF2 comfortably.

Here are the specs of the old notebook I used to game on:
15" Vostro 1280x800 res
Intel Core 2Duo 2.00Ghz
2GB Ram
Nvidea 8600M GT 256MB memory

If I were to get a Macbook, which one would I need to get that would perform at least as well as my old notebook? I would be happy with the 13" but this 'GeForce 320M' is a complete mystery to me.

I have seen videos of older macbooks seemingly running those games smoothly, but at the same time I noticed this 320m doesn't seem to have any dedicated memory? Would this imply the performance will be inferior to what I used to have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
The new 13" will run games better then your old Dell. The 320m is 256mb, and is very quick. Go to the nVidia website to compare the different chipset features, they have a nice section for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If you head to the new 15" MBPs, it will only be better.
The new range of MBPs, esp the 15" I think, have really addressed the gaming needs of many, which seems to have been a setback for many Macs in the past.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
I play WoW on the previous generation 13"MBP and it runs fine on High Settings getting a constant 50 fps, the only drop is in Dalaran which has been horrid on every computer ive played the game on. I would imagine the 13" will suit you fine, i am tempted by it but really want to try and save up for the 15" one and get as good as i can for my money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have a look here

It's a great resource for giving you an idea of what mobile GPUs are capable of.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.