Games on a Mac

Reaction score
Hi all,

just wondering if any of you use your macbook for playing games on. I seriously need to curb my poker habit and I figured playing games would be cheaper. Can the macbook handle the latest games if you upgrade the ram etc. I know you can't change the graphics cards but is there anything else that can be done.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
What up Zoo,
A Macbook isn't a very good idea if you want to play the "latest" games because their built more for the college school stuff. On the other hand their not that bad when it comes to running games either. I have a Macbook with 1gb ram and it runs World of Warcraft, Call of Duty 2, and Counter-Strike 1.6 (using CrossOver) just fine. So to answer your question, Yes, the macbook can handle the latest games available for Mac, Although it is probably not your best option if your just looking to game.

-Surreal-

OP
Z
Reaction score
No, thats fine, I'm certainly not a die hard gamer, I was just curious if it could handle something like call of duty and it seems they do, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
now I'm just curious and going on a tangent but....

A Wii remote can be paired and used in OSX, so could this be used in Call Of Duty? anyone given it ago?

Reaction score
What up Zoo,
A Macbook isn't a very good idea if you want to play the "latest" games because their built more for the college school stuff. On the other hand their not that bad when it comes to running games either. I have a Macbook with 1gb ram and it runs World of Warcraft, Call of Duty 2, and Counter-Strike 1.6 (using CrossOver) just fine. So to answer your question, Yes, the macbook can handle the latest games available for Mac, Although it is probably not your best option if your just looking to game.

-Surreal-

I had no idea you could run CS on a mac. What is CrossOver?

Reaction score
I just installed prey on my MB this morning and it runs choppy:( but thats probably because i got 1x512MB@533MHZ and 1x256MB@667MHZ. Once i upgrade it to 2gig@667MHZ it would probably play flawlessly!

Reaction score
I just installed prey on my MB this morning and it runs choppy:( but thats probably because i got 1x512MB@533MHZ and 1x256MB@667MHZ. Once i upgrade it to 2gig@667MHZ it would probably play flawlessly!

So i had 2x1gb@533Mhz in my macbook and Prey was still choppy. there was a thread with a list of games that run flawlessly on macbook's but i can't find it! anyway the only game i have installed now which runs perfectly is age of empires 3.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.