Games for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
I was wondering if there are any games for Mac that doesn't require a MBP to play. Most of the games ported over to Mac requires a dedicated video card.

I'm not looking to play anything to graphic intensive like a first person shooter. Heck I'd be happy with just Tiger Woods 2008, but even that needs a dedicated video card.

Is there any game that I can install on my regular Macbook? I'd like to have something to play/do if I ever needed something to occupy my time and I didn't have the net.

OP
tkim
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I like to play The Sims 2

unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of the Sims :(

Truly is a shame that there aren't many games I can play on my shiny new macbook :(

guess i'll hafta look at by scrabble or something off yahoo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
You can play some of the older games by Blizzard like Warcraft 3, Starcraft, or Diablo 2.

Reaction score
i have a few friends that play wow (world of warcraft) on there MB's. i personally play on my MBP. but they say it runs ok.

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any games for Mac that doesn't require a MBP to play. Most of the games ported over to Mac requires a dedicated video card.

I'm not looking to play anything to graphic intensive like a first person shooter. Heck I'd be happy with just Tiger Woods 2008, but even that needs a dedicated video card.

Is there any game that I can install on my regular Macbook? I'd like to have something to play/do if I ever needed something to occupy my time and I didn't have the net.

Most of the newer popular games simply require more horsepower and better graphic cards than the Mb has. There are some of course that will run ok but the majority of the new stuff won't. Even with a MBP you are going to run into that problem. I run into the same problem with a Mac Pro desktop with 4 gigs of ram... Simply put, the Mac, any variety, was not made as a game machine. Usually it is the graphic cards that give you the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
D-D-D-D-D-DOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I play DotA all the time on my regular macbook and its totally fine.

what other games matter?

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
I played GTA SA at High settings on Bootcamp and Battlefield 2 on medium settings
Also tried some mac games, AGEIII plays perfectly fine, so does Postal 2
Just some examples I have tried more but Not planning to post a full list again because I already did that two times

OP
tkim
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
D-D-D-D-D-DOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I play DotA all the time on my regular macbook and its totally fine.

what other games matter?

What is DOTA?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
Defense of the Ancients. Its a Warcraft III map/custom game.

Basshunter does a song about it called DotA.... hahaha

lol, its alot of fun, its pretty much playing a PVP MMO, but it only last about an hour or so. Its overhead like warcraft 3 but you play on a team and control and level one hero.

Reaction score
I use Xbox and playstation for games

My macbook and Imac for everything else

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.