G5

Reaction score
Hey,

so lately ive been experiencing weird problems with my mac. When im editing in FCP, messages would constantly appear saying i don't have enough memory, when i clearly do. I've changed all the capture scratch settings and where im saving my project as a whole. The problem persists. Also, in iDvd when im burning a project, it always stops and says that an unknown error occured and it never finishes the DVD. I called apple, and they're saying that i simply don't have enough memory, when from experience i know i do.

So to try and facilitate this problem, im going to invest in a new Seagate 500GB drive (use it as a primary, and use the one that im using now, the 250GB, as a secondary). I then plan on installing all new and updated programs and software (FCP, Shake, iWork, iLife, etc. etc.).

So my question to you all, Will this fix my problem?

-Zak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
how much memory do u have? check in system profiler to make sure all of it is functioning properly

Reaction score
I'd run all the routines in OnyX and see if just cleaning things up really well would help. I have a G5 and don't have any of those sorts of problems.

OP
N
Reaction score
I have 118 GB left on my Mac HD.

I'll try running the onyx, thanks!

do you think i should still do this? the xtra HD...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0
Most people refer to memory as the RAM, so how much RAM do you have? 118GB is clearly enough for...mostly anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.