G5 Power pc - NO Video ??!!?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've got a G5 dual 2.7Gtz 3 gig ram power pc... I keep getting this reoccurring problem....
If i start an application, it starts loading and then my screen goes black ?! And then you can here the activity of the computer suddenly drop... Usually it will start a again after a few seconds and drop again........ So strange.

Once it didn't restart and you could here the fans slowly speeding up until they were working at full speed making loads of noise... The computer had only been on for a couple of minutes....
So, if i shut down my computer, i need to unplug the power supply for a few seconds before i can start it again because otherwise it won't start....

I really have no idea what the **** is going on ....... its really confusing me i god do i need a fully functionning computer...
Can anybody help ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
First, try removing and reinserting the video card.

Can you run with the case off? watch the fans and see if they are erratic, if so they're worn out.

OP
K
Reaction score
Nice one guys, I'll check it out...

Its funny cause i've a few problems recently....
First, my liquid cooling leaked onto the logic board a created havoc. I managed to blague it on my home insurrance and so they fixed it...
But since i got it back it doesn't feel the same, running much louder than before... So if the fans a worn out then they didn't do a good job at all.
So I guess if the fans don't work too well, the computer cuts out when gets too hot ... Thats defo a possibility...

I'll try the video card t'ing and check out the trouble shooting threads from mac.... thanks for all your help folks :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.