G4 Power problems

Reaction score
My mac keeps suddenly shutting off after about 2 min. after I turn it on and sometimes it will not even turn on. I took the battery out and tried to just run it off the power but the same problem happens. Also when I have just the ac power in with no battery the charger still turns orange like it is charging my battery.I took it to a local apple store and they said it would be $200 to fix and I do not have that right now. I printed out the "quick fix" tips and will try them when I get home but any other suggestions would be appreciated as I'm at the library and am in a somewhat of an emergency with work saved on it and classes begin in a few hours. Thanx

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
Snapping off like that is usually a system shut down from overheating, especially if the apple store only wants $200 to fix it (logic board problems would be many more hundreds). Borrow a cooling pad from somebody. Also, try booting into target disc mode just to get the info off the hd.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.