G4 getting quite hot!!?

B

bnw

So I just traded my pismo g3 for a g4 550 gigabit ti. They are both in the same condition. So I got a good deal I think, anyway....

I have been using the g4 ALOT and **** this thing gets hott. Why is that? Is this normal? I dont remember my Pismo ever getting this hott.

The speakers and power button are really quite warm. Not so much you cant touch them.. But seems warmer than I think they should.

ALso I hear the processor fan going on more often than on the Pismo.

I understand they are totally different machines but...I just want to know is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Nope thats just the way that they are

OP
S

StarManta

Yeah, these things run pretty hot.... can't wait until the G5 Books come out though! scald city, here we come!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" PowerBook G4 1GB ram 1,33Ghz superdrive,
when i use mine normaily without doing any rendering the heat
feels normal but when i start to render something ....
wooowww it gets soo hot

OP
B

bnw

taylaner said:
when i use mine normaily without doing any rendering the heat
feels normal but when i start to render something ....
wooowww it gets soo hot

cool...well not really but thanx none the less. I just wanted to make sure that I didnt make a dumb trade.

OP
T

TylerMoney

I still rarely...actually, never...have had mine hot enough to complain about...maybe I'm expecting mroe heat...or because I'm from Texas, heat doesn't really bother me....but I definently dont' think they get that hot...a bit...but not enough to even talk about really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
It was warm enough for me to use it as a ghetto-fied space heater during the winter. Jeez, being the valley.. when it gets cold.. IT'S COLD!! All I needed to do was touch the darn thing and I was happy. :) Whenever it got cool.. just open up Final Cut Pro.. har har har.. :rolleyes:.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.