G3 Powerbook (pismo) NEED HELP!!! Quick!!!

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new to this forum and just wanted to say hello to everyone. Okay, well here is my problem, I am running 10.3 on my powerbook. I mainly just use it for internet and stuff like that. Anyway to the point. I hope someone can answer this question for me. Sorry but this is goign to be long. I wanted to erase my hardrive and start fresh. I have now messed something up. This past Friday I had changed my startup disk to run on my cdrom. I was going to just reinstall the OS. well after i did that i shut it down then started it back up. The cd sounds like it wants to go it spools up and sounds like it is reading the disk. but for some reason it is not. I get the little gray folder on startup that is basically telling me that it can't find my startup disk. Then the screen goes to the Apple logo. A few seonds later i get the little gry bars that looks to be spinning, like it is going to start up. but then the kicker is, then it goes to a black screen. and this is all is says, and i have no idea what it means. Hopefully someone can help me out on this.
here is what is says. word for word with spaces and all. I also have tried holding down the shift key, and again i tried the c key.

/etc/master.passwd: No such file or directory
/etc/master.passwd: No such file or directory
-sh-2.05b# ADB present :8c
in6_ifattach_linklocal: failed to configure a link-local address on lo0 (errno=55
in6_ifattach: lo0 failed to attach a linklocal address.

Anyone have any idea. I have never seen anything like this before.
Thanks in advance to anyone that gives this some thought.

OP
I
Reaction score
If anyone knows where i might find the answer to this, please post a reply!. I would like totry and fix this myself versus have to take it in and pay for it, as I am sure most of us would also.
Thanks everyone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.