Full-Coverage Headphones

Reaction score
Could a Nano properly drive a couple of full-coverage headphones? If not, what would the size limit be? The person wears a hearing aid in each ear canal, and without these the Nano would have to blast full volume.

I suppose that if it drove larger headphones or always played at top volume the battery would take a beating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I just tried out the set of cans (Sennheiser HD497) with my Nano and they work great. Volume was set around 20-25%, which was a comfortable listening volume. Anything higher and it starts to get too loud.

The bass and treble are actually quite good. Then again, I've been using a pair of Shure E2Cs with my Nano for a while, so I'm not exactly surprised at the Nano's ability to output quality sound.

OP
B
Reaction score
I checked out the Sennheisers on Google Images, and the first article talks about the iPod. Looking good.

Thanks, Kash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Sennheisers are the greatest headphones I've ever used, especially for the price. I have a pair of PX-100s that I use for everything and my Video and Shuffle both drive them very nicely. I'm sure the full-coverage models would work out great.

Reaction score
I've got Sennheiser full coverage headphones and my Nano has no problem driving them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.