Fuji Camera Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Ok, so I bought with a Fuji Z5 FD ( http://www.johnlewis.com/Audio+and+T...9/Product.aspx ) Pretty pleased with it so far! But when I connect it to my Mac nothing seems to happen?! The install disc is for windows (snore) so is this camera now useless to me?! I can take it back if need be, but as you can imagine I don't want to! I searched google for Mac support for the camera but I am pretty dense with these sort of things... so, someone please help I don't want to have to take it back!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
All Fuji cameras have a setting in the setup where it can be recognised as an external disc drive, rather than a camera - usually this is set my default.

Switch the cameras on and have it set to view images, then plug it into your mac and it should show on the desktop as an external HDD.

OP
Flic
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
I can't see a setting to do this :( Oh i hate technical things!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I can't see a setting to do this :( Oh i hate technical things!

Just make sure it's in DSC mode. Depending on the camera, it'll be burried in the Settings menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
What exactly you mean by "nothing seems to happen"?
You should be able to see the camera as a external storage device when conected to your Mac, a little bit like conecting a USB card reader.
If you cannot see the card it is possible that you require to reformat it, you can use your camera for this (see the instruction manual) or use your Mac (as long as you are able to "see" the card). All digital cameras can work as a USB card reader, sometimes you need to set it in a preview or similar function, again, check the manual.
If you have iPhoto it should load automatically once you connect the camera, if it doesn't then load iPhoto and then connect your camera, it should give you options for importing photos then. You select "Image Capture" in your Application folder and you will have some options there too. If you have other software like Aperture, Lightroom or other, the settings are pretty much the same. Any kind of software for digital cameras(including the one that Fuji includes in the user CD) work in a similar way, in other words they are just like iPhoto (or you can say iPhoto is just like those). Basically, you don't need it.
Even if anything works, you should be able to use a USB card reader instead of the camera, iPhoto and similar software will recognize the card as if you were conecting the camera, this programs recognize the images (JPEGs or RAWs) and the folder structure, not the camera itself.
I hope this helps you.

OP
Flic
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
when I say nothing happens, I can't see it as an external storage device anywhere. When I connected my parents digi cam my MacBook identified it automatically, this one just does nothing :(

I'll have a go with your suggestions mraya, thanks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Try this in order...

1. Try formating the card.
2. Try conecting your camera (with the current card) to another computer, if you can see the camera it is still possible the card needs to be reformated, using Windows, OSX or your camera should be enough.
3. Try using a different card if available and using the card that came with your camera in other camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Google/Fuji Page isnt much help either :(

It says on the compatability page that it functions in USB PTP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picture_Transfer_Protocol

I dont know what this means nor how to fix it, but the compatibility page DOES show that it IS ok to run in Mac OSX... :)

~~ TS ~~

OP
Flic
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Panic over guys, my friend just came round and sorted it within 10 seconds! Oh the shame. I can import them via iPhoto. I had my Windows head on thinking it couldn't possibly be THAT simple, but it was. DOH! Thanks for all your replies though :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Panic over guys, my friend just came round and sorted it within 10 seconds! Oh the shame. I can import them via iPhoto. I had my Windows head on thinking it couldn't possibly be THAT simple, but it was. DOH! Thanks for all your replies though :)

good that it was solved. I'm wondering if your finder preferences were changed at some point. I learned recently that you can hide drives on your desktop through these preferences.

I have a Fuji digital camera, and it always connects fine for me.
Check your camera settings. There should be a meny button to access 'setup' or something like that, and from there I think you should be able to change the connection mode. Mine has three settings I think. One for USB, another for AV output and one other I forget because I've never used it. Check your camera manual to make sure it's set to the right one. While iPhoto makes transfer easy, there may be times when you only need to transfer a single photo, and don't want to launch iPhoto, especially once you start to get libraries over 1 or 2 gigs. So have a look for those settings. You can choose to transfer through iPhoto or Finder that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.