• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

FT:sharp Actius P4 2.8Ghz laptop

S

Sirjammer69

Hi there, i am looking to trade this machine for a decked out g4 ibook or a powerbook, this unit has some scratches on the lid but works perfect otherwise, it does not have the original box though. It has a lot of features for mmc and mem card readers of all kinds firewire 4 usb 32 meg geforce 4 420 go etc. The specs are below let me know what yall think thanks.

Jamieson

P.S. this model has 256mb ddr not 512mb thanks!

The Actius RD10 provides the power and viewing capability of a desktop computer and adds integrated IEEE802.11b WiFi wireless technology and audio-video entertainment in a portable design. With its amazingly bright 15” LCD display with wide viewing angles, Intel®Pentium®4 2.80GHz Processor, 512MB RAM (expandable to 768MB), NVIDIA® GeForceTM4 420 Go video chip and approx. 60GB hard drive, the Actius RD10 provides even the most demanding user with real desktop performance. Ergonomic Computing There are no ergonomic sacrifices with the Actius RD10. The remarkably bright 15-inch XGA LCD display and NVIDIA® GeForceTM 4 420 Go video chip (32MB external memory) provide easy-on-the-eyes desktop viewing capabilities. The wide palm rest area and userfriendly full-size keyboard with a 3mm key stroke ensure a comfortable typing experience. Extreme Brightness & Wide Viewing Angles The Actius RD10 is equipped with Sharp’s advanced LCD technology. The extremely bright display is brighter than standard notebook displays.*6 The Actius RD10 display allows a clear view of text, images and DVDs, even in bright conditions. Rich and Smooth Pictures, Music and 3D Images Thanks to sharp-fxTM, Sharp’s exclusive LCD optimization feature, DVD movies have never looked better. This add-on module works with WinDVD® to automatically adjust the image contrast for optimum clarity. Combined with the Actius RD10’s high-quality LCD display, this image-enhancing feature provides unsurpassed DVD entertainment. Fully equipped with superior sound functions, the Actius RD10 also supports 5.1 channel surround for users using external 2 channel speakers with Dolby Virtual Speaker built-in. Complete Connectivity The Actius RD10 offers a wide variation of connections that you need in a portable design. The notebook includes Memory StickTM, SD memory card, SmartMediaTM and CompactFlashTM card slots, an IEEE1394 port and 4 USB 2.0 compliant ports. Integrated CD-R/RW & DVD-ROM Drive The Actius RD10's CD-R/RW & DVD-ROM drive with buffer underrun protection is compatible with CD-R, CD-RW and DVD-ROM media, allowing you to back up important data on CD as well as watching DVD movies wherever you like. Built-in IEEE802.11b Wireless Technology Featuring built-in IEEE802.11b Wi-Fi wireless LAN technology, the Actius RD10 quickly and easily connects you to wireless networks in locations such as corporate offices, hotels, airports and coffee houses. Using a cable is now a thing of the past.MODEL PC-RD10 SPECIFICATIONS *1 Under battery operation, the CPU runs at approximately 25% of maximum performance to extend battery life. *2 Cannot read/write copy protected data from/into a SD memory card with built-in copyright technology compliant to SDMI specification. *3 Cannot read/write copy protected data from/into a Memory StickTM with built-in copyright technology compliant to OpenMG specification. *4 Battery life is based on BAPCo® MobileMarkTM 2002. Battery life will vary based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, battery conditioning, power management and other customer prefrences. *5 This model (PC-RD10) does not support other operating systems than the pre-installed one. *6 Brighter than standard notebook displays as of March 6th, 2003. CPU Intel® Pentium®4 2.80GHz Processor *1 Memory 512MB DDR SDRAM, expandable to 768MB Video Controller NVIDIA® GeForceTM 4 420 Go VRAM External 32MB DDR Video memory Display 15.0" XGA (1024 x 768) Hard Drive Approx. 60GB Optical Drive CD-R/RW & DVD-ROM drive with buffer underrun protection ( max. 24x CD-R writing speed, max. 10x CD-RW writing speed, max. 8x DVD reading speed, max. 24x CD reading speed) Floppy Disk Drive 3.5", 1.44MB/720KB Pointing Device Glide Pad (touch-sensitive controlpad) Keyboard Approx. 19mm key pitch/3mm stroke keyboard PCMCIA Type II x 1 (CardBus port supported) Audio System AC'97 compatible, 3D sound supported, 16-bit sampling and playback, built-in stereo speaker I/O Ports USB (2.0) x 4, IEEE1394, LAN, modem, SPDIF/stereo headphone out, TV out (S-video,NTSC/PAL-BIOS sele ctable), VGA, DC in, Mic-in Modem 56kbps fax/modem (V.90) Removable Storage Slot SD memory card x 1 *2, SmartMediaTM x 1, CompactFlashTM x 1, Memory StickTM x 1 *3 LAN 100 Base-TX/10 Base-T Wireless (IEEE802.11b) AC Adapter Universal AC adapter -Input: 100–240V, 50/60Hz AC 120W type Battery Li-ion (9-cell) Battery Life Approx. 1.2 hrs *4 Dimensions (W x D x H) 13.9" x 11.7" x 1.9" (min.)/2.1" (max.) [352 mm x 296 mm x 46-53 mm] Weight Approx. 10.2 lbs (4.6Kg) Operating System Windows® XP Home Edition *5 Software WinDVD®, Norton AntiVirusTM, Drag'n Drop CD, Adobe® Acrobat® Reader®, Network setup utility Operating Environment Temperature : 50?F to 95?F (10?C to 35?C) Humidity: 20% to 80% (non-condensation) Power Consumption Max. 120W Bundled Accessories US AC cable x 1, AC adaptor x 1, Modem cable x 1, Recovery CD-ROM X 1

OP
S

Sirjammer69

Forgot this one has the 30Gig hdd and i will throw in an external dvd burner if i get a powerbook with a superdrive, thanks! Pm me or respond for pics they arent the highest res, but they are pics lol thanks all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The chances of anybody trading a decked out powerbook or ibook for that are slim to none

OP
S

Sirjammer69

its a good thing i didnt mention that i wanted a decked out powebook, i said specifically a decked out ibook OR just a powerbook, let me make myself more clear, i obviously know the value of a powerbook, the decked out ibook could be an 800Mhz g4 model with maxed ram and airport extreme, thats more what i meant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.