• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

FS: Ram, Logic Board, HD, Screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
I have some computer parts up for sale if anyone is interested. I can always be negotiated with if you feel the price isn't right:

1 Genuine 13.3 inch MacBook screen (made for the 2008 unibody macbook). The screen does need to be separated from the aluminum front. Asking 100 dollars including shipping and tacking info.

1 (120) GB Fujitsu HD (shipping included)- 30

1 Genuine Apple Battery (2008 unibody macbook) with a few small scratches on it and it works well (shipping included)- 65

1 Fan (for 2008 macbook with shipping) - 25

Superdrive for macbook 2008 (shipping) - 45

2GB (1G stick) of HyNix PC3-8500 RAM (w/o shipping)- 3

2.4 Ghz 2008 MacBook Logic board with Heatsink attached (shipping included)
for 325.

I am willing to refund anyone unhappy with a purchase. Please PM me.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you want to buy the whole lot, I'll take it for 350 to move these parts out. They are stashed in my dorm room!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Looking at the parts list...it looks like everything is from a 2008 "Unibody" MacBook...and it looks like almost all parts are there (if assembled) would make a complete 2008 "Unibody" MacBook.

What's missing...keeping it from being a complete computer? I didn't see a keyboard, lower case, or upper case.

Just curious,:)

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Haha. It came from one that wasn't working. From what I know of, every single part available works. I believe that there was bad cable that connected the battery to the logic board. I am only iffy on the logic board, but it looks completely fine with no markings that it was ever touched and I have not heard of a failure rate for them. Which is why, if it were to turn out problematic, anyone can have a full refund (I'd hate to be ripped off myself, so I refuse to do that to another person). Also, the aluminum body had a lot of scuffs and scratches and wouldn't look very pretty, now would it? =)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Haha. It came from one that wasn't working. From what I know of, every single part available works. I believe that there was bad cable that connected the battery to the logic board. I am only iffy on the logic board, but it looks completely fine with no markings that it was ever touched and I have not heard of a failure rate for them.

Ok...sounds good...I was just curious.:)

Which is why, if it were to turn out problematic, anyone can have a full refund (I'd hate to be ripped off myself, so I refuse to do that to another person).

This of course is the best part of this deal. If anything is found not to be working...a full refund is no problem!:)

Also, the aluminum body had a lot of scuffs and scratches and wouldn't look very pretty, now would it? =)

Hey...I've seen a lot of these that are pretty beat up. Maybe not very pretty...but if it works 100%...and the price is right...lots of folks out there that would buy them.:)

Good luck with the sale,

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks! I wish I had known, I would have kept it! I tried to get the trackpad off, but the screws refused to move....

ATTENTION: The HD is now no longer part of the deal because it was sold. I will reduce the price of the entire bundle to 340.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Logic board is now gone. To recap, this is what's left and how much I am asking for it all together.

1 Genuine 13.3 inch MacBook screen (made for the 2008 unibody macbook). The screen does need to be separated from the aluminum front.

1 Genuine Apple Battery (2008 unibody macbook) with a few small scratches on it and it works well

1 Fan

Superdrive for macbook 2008

2GB (1G stick) of HyNix PC3-8500 RAM

Asking for 160 for it all. Priority Mail shipping and tracking numbers included.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
UPDATE:

The only things left for sale are:
1 Genuine Apple Battery (2008 unibody macbook) with a few small scratches on it and it works well
1 Fan
2GB (1G stick) of HyNix PC3-8500 RAM

Asking for 75 dollars.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.